Sunday, March 16, 2014

Master Cleanse Journey: Day 7

Today I weighed in at 229 lbs (-11 lbs overall).  Two pounds lighter than yesterday. I'm still trying to figure out why I gained a pound on Saturday - I wonder if I did weigh myself incorrectly and I was actually 235?  Who knows, I'm progressing and seeing excellent results.  My waist is also down an inch.
  • # of Master Cleanse drinks consumed: 12
  • Exercise: I ran a relaxed four miles this evening at 9:10 mile pace and felt wonderful.  I can really tell the difference in improved running efficiency from losing the weight.  Standard rule of thumb is for every pound one is over their lean ideal weight, this costs them two seconds per mile.  So if one would drop 30 lbs, they should be a full minute per mile faster.  I always like to tell the skinny 200 pounders out there to put a 45 lb weight plate in a backpack, wear it and then try racing me and see how they'd do!  If they're anything short of 4 1/2 minutes faster of me, then I'm performing better due to the extra weight I'm carrying.  Hence the reasoning for the Super Clydesdale racing division - runners over 225 lbs.      
Again, I'm amazed how much energy I have.  I'm sleeping very sound and don't need frequent naps like I have in the past.  My hands feel ice cold, which is normal, I've read.  Last night I noticed my tongue have a gooey white coating on it and having a peculiar taste in my mouth.  This, too, is normal based on my research.    

No comments:

Post a Comment