Friday, March 14, 2014

My Master Cleanse Journey

I've been yearning to do the "Master Cleanse" for quite some time now.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, please follow this link: All About "The Master Cleanse"

In a nutshell, the Master Cleanse initially requires eating raw fruits and veggies for a period of 4 days.  Then for a minimum of 10 days (some go as long at 40 days) all one ingests is a drink mixture of spring water, maple syrup, fresh lemon juice and cayenne pepper.  All ingredients are organic.  You obtain your energy and vitamins & minerals via the maple syrup (up to 1200 calories daily) and the rest of the concoction works to detoxify your body (there is nutritional value in the lemon juice and cayenne pepper as well).  Also part of the program is taking a laxative tea before retiring for the evening and drinking one quart of water with sea salt first thing in the morning to flush the system.

It's beneficial to have a support structure in place when doing a cleanse.  I'm fortunate that my girlfriend Jessica who is a nurse practitioner and has done this cleanse a number of times is doing it with me and guiding me through the process.

Day 1
I started my "break in" period on Monday and weighed in at 240 lbs. On Day 1, I ate unlimited amounts of raw veggie salads and drank all the fruit smoothies I wanted.

Day 2
Weighed in at 238 lbs (-2 lbs overall).  This day, like Day 1, I continued eating veggie salads and drinking the fruit smoothies.

Day 3
Weighed in at 235 lbs (-5 lbs overall).  On this day I drank all the freshly prepared vegetable and fruit juices I could drink.

Day 4
Weighed in at 233 lbs (-7 lbs overall).  Today all I drank was freshly juiced orange juice.  All I could drink.  If I started to feel hungry I'd add a tablespoon of maple syrup to the orange juice - I was surprised at how delicious this mixture tasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment